Deputy Samaniego denies assault, says he tried to break up a fight in Quyquyhó

Deputy Lilian Samaniego (PLRA) denied assaulting anyone during an incident in Quyquyhó, stating that he returned to the scene to calm a fight after being informed that one of his aides was being attacked. Videos of the incident circulated on social media, but so far no formal complaints have been filed.

Deputy Lilian Samaniego (PLRA) issued a statement Monday to rebut allegations of assault that arose after videos showing a brawl in front of a store in the district of Quyquyhó went viral. In the images, a man identified as a supposed security guard for the lawmaker appears involved in the commotion.

According to Samaniego, he and his companions made purchases at the location and left without any problems. Minutes later, he received a call informing him that one of his staff members was being attacked. The deputy says he returned to the scene with the intention of intervening and calming the situation, categorically denying that he struck or physically assaulted anyone.

The release of the videos generated repercussions on social media and reignited questions about the conduct of people linked to the lawmaker's circle. So far, there are no records of formal complaints filed with the National Police or the Public Prosecutor's Office regarding the case.